There was no increase to fuel tax credit rates on 3 August. You can continue to use the current rates to calculate your claim on your business activity statement (BAS).
When working out your fuel tax credits:
- Check how your fuel is used.
- Check you’re using the right rate.
- Use the ATO fuel tax credit calculator to help you calculate your claim.
- Use software, including GPS trackers, correctly and ensure they record time and location accurately.
- Keep complete and accurate records to support your claim.
- Check your calculations to ensure you haven’t over-claimed.
- Check if you’re eligible to use simplified methods to calculate your fuel tax credits.
Remember, if you need help working out your claim please contact us HERE.